Welcome and Introduction Forum

Moderator: Founders

Postby TiredWornOut » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:34 pm

New member today, looking for advice and help with my imminent DLA-PIP transfer and renewal ESA not far behind it.
Random avatar
TiredWornOut
Progress to next rank:
0%

Re: Newbie

Postby Daenerys » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi, Tiredandwornout,

A huge welcome to the site, first off.

Can you tell us a bit more - mainly, what stage you're at. For example, have you started the PIP process yet, done the PIP1, or PIP2 form? What DLA award do you currently have, and has any of your conditions worsened?

Nothing too personal - just give us a better idea of where you're at in the process, and a little background about the existing award, and then we can give you much more accurate advice.
Daenerys

Postby dabitch » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Hiya TWO ... a warm welcome to the forum ...

Those DLA/PIP transferrals are a bit of a 'mare, aren't they ... but we'll all help you through the process ... as for the ESA renewal, well, there's quite a few of us with that hanging over our heads ... the worry of it all is so unnecessary ...

Again, a warm welcome, and nice to meet you :-D)
dabitch

Postby TiredWornOut » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Grateful thanks for the warm welcome everyone

I have not received anything as yet regards the DLA-PIP transfer, only that I know my postcode on the DWP site has my area down for transition from June onwards, but I am lead to believe they are in a muddle with new claimants at the moment, backlog? My DLA claim is High Rate Mobility and High Rate Care, and I have only had this award for just over 14 months, and was awarded as indefinitely, but I know that also means squat now.

I am some 9 months overdue my ESA renewal now, so my worst nightmare would be they both arrive at the same time. My last two ESA reviews were straight into SG no F2F.

Yes my medical conditions have worsened, and I now have another finally diagnosed neurological condition, and at my request my neurosurgeon has written a 2 page A4 size summary of conditions and how they affect me, and I am so grateful to him for that.

I was just wondering if it would be worth filling in the online forms for both benefits now, prepared as they say?
Random avatar
TiredWornOut
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby Daenerys » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks for providing a bit more info - I'm not a betting person, but I think you'll be ok for PIP.

You just need to emphasise that you can't mobilise more than 20 metres on your form - really ram it home and point to your evidence to support this (I'm assuming your mobility is bad enough to qualify for PIP under the 20 metre rule?).

There is currently no online form for PIP, but you can download a sample form and complete that for when the real one arrives. You can also get an idea of what medical evidence you need for the claim. If you've recently made a DLA application, then your previous evidence should be applicable.

As for ESA, you can download an online version of the ESA50. I always think it's a good idea to have the forms pretty much completed and ready to go - saves so much stress and worry. Also, if you've already qualified for ESA SG with a previous form, you can send the same information in with a cover letter stating that your health has not improved and you have not adapted to your conditions. The onus is then on the DWP to show your health has improved.

I have a template you can use to add to an existing ESA50 (tried, tested, and works), so I'll dig that out and get it added to the ESA templates - it should be there by the time you need it.

Keep an eye out for Maximus trying to assess you without an up-to-date ESA50. If they try that with you, insist they either put you back in the SG or accept more recent evidence.
Daenerys

Postby TiredWornOut » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Grateful thanks again, especially to you Daenerys for your helpful and positive response. The 20 metre mobilisation, I cannot do this reliably or repeatedly, and if I could, no point doing it one way, if I cannot get back, if you understand. This is the sort of help I need, with wording, with memory problems and fluctuating concentration, and given that my neurological condition causes altered awarenesses, phew forms to me, such a challenge.
Random avatar
TiredWornOut
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby Daenerys » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:56 pm

You seem to have a pretty good handle on it already - but when you go through the forms, if you need to we can go through it all step by step.
Daenerys

Postby Welshy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi and welcome TWO your in good hands there ;-)
Welshy
Progress to next rank:
15.3%

Return to Ice-Breaker