remember this I have this distemper

Day to day discussion forum

Moderator: Founders

Forum rules
This Forum and Sub-forums are open to public view.

Please do not use offensive language (No Swearing).

For more info please see the rules page
jeff3

remember this I have this distemper

Post by jeff3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:52 pm

MAY AND HUSBAND STAND TO GAIN HUGELY FROM #DEMENTIATAX #GE17
22/05/2017 · by SKWAWKBOX (SW) · in Uncategorized. ·
As a commenter on the excellent Vox Political site observed yesterday, the Tories ‘dementia tax’ proposals to force elderly people to pay for all their care from the value of their estate – and the empowering of insurance companies to force the sale of their house after they die (or one of them dies) – represents a huge opportunity for enrichment to the people and companies involved in that transaction.

Including Theresa May’s husband and, therefore, May herself.

may and hubby
Mr and Mrs May – laughing all the way to the dementia-tax bank?

As the commenter pointed out,

This fast-growing [equity release] market is dominated by Legal and General in the UK (29pc market share), of which a major shareholder is Capital Group, of which a key UK executive is Philip May, husband of Theresa May.

Theresa May executed a fake U-turn today, in which she actually changed nothing but added a vaporous ‘promise’ to ‘consult’ on a possible cap to the cost of care – as if anyone would believe that when the Tories have already promised the ‘Dilnot cap‘ and then abandoned that promise as soon as they were elected.

The SKWAWKBOX makes no suggestion, of course, that Theresa May’s policy is influenced by this lucrative connection – readers and voters must make up their own mind about that.

But the fact is that she and her husband stand to benefit significantly from the policy. It’s certainly something that every interviewer between now and voting day should be asking Mrs May about – and refusing to take her stock let-me-say-I’m-being-very-clear-while-not-being-clear-at-all answer, but insisting on an actual answer to the actual question.

And if she refuses to give a straight answer, voters will be absolutely entitled to carry that fact to the ballot box with them.

Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: remember this I have this distemper

Post by Tobias » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am

More pies than fingers that pair
Rating: 20%

jeff3

Re: remember this I have this distemper

Post by jeff3 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:45 pm

to true but crooks get locked up it seems they don't