PIP email address

Day to day discussion forum

Moderator: Founders

Forum rules
This Forum and Sub-forums are open to public view.

Please do not use offensive language (No Swearing).

For more info please see the rules page

PIP email address

Postby tillyboo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:15 am

Hi.
I have been called for the dreaded PIP review, although providing enough medical paperwork, they still insist on a visit to a medical centre, although I requested a home visit, as per all my other assessments.

I cant find the PIP email address and also the DWP email address, does anyone have any emails for them?

I did with the help from someone who helped set up this site, sent all my PIP/ESA off via email a few years ago.

My husband rung these ididots this morn and he was asked the most ridiclous questions, why can I use a phone, because I suddenly went deaf and cant hear, how do I get to my hospital appointments etc
My husband had a stroke 7 months ago, so I dont want him to stressed either.

The robot on the phone said that they would cancel the appoinment and ring to see if I am entilted to a home visit.

But I want to send something in writing as I dont trust these people.

Any email addresses would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Re: PIP email address

Postby Tobias » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi Tillyboo, Which assessing company is it?

SEE BELOW
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tobias » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Capita uses a 'Contact Us' web-form
http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact.html
Capita email I have is contactus@capitapip.co.uk
or
You can write directly to them at
Capita PIP
PO Box 307
Darlington
DL98 1AB

Atos email I have is pip-customerservice@atos.net

https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/media/1521/idependent-assessment-services-complaints-leaflet-a5.pdf

Also DWP complaints procedure is here
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tillyboo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi, I dont know. It says Independent Assessment Services on letter and in the booklet it says go to Mypipassessmentco.uk and the email address appears to be Capita, which we have emailed this morning says 2 days to reply. its this email 'contactus@capitapip.co.uk'
I thought Independent Assessment Services were different to Capita?
The woman on the phone was so rude to my husband and got him so flustered, but theres nothing I can do I cant hear. She kept asking him what was wrong with me, and he kept repaeating one of my conditions is that I went deaf overnight, it is rare but it happens, this in turn as left me with very little balance constant dizziness attacks of vertigo & i can fall at any minute without warning, hence why my old GP insisted on home visits, but because I had to change GPs due to moving, I have only seen my new GP twice once to register and once to go back as my BP was very high due to stress and she had to monitor it. My new GP is 5 mins away.
This assessment office is miles away, my husband can no longer drive due to having a stroke, but he helps me along with family as best he can.
The PIP woman asked how I got shopping meds etc when was the last time went out and he repeatdly said I dont go out etc etc just like smashing his head against a wall.
Do you have a new DWP address as well?
The one given to me on here 2 years has changed, as I copied in 'Contact-us@dwp.gsi.gov.uk'to make sure all are aware whats going on and it came back unknown.

Things are much easier for me via email, I just cant hear on phones and hearing aids dont work for me due to the type of hearing loss, my auditory nerves have died.

So any emails you can give me or any worded letter I can send to my GP for a home assessment or even a better a paper based review, would save so much worry.

thanks you
Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Postby Tobias » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi Tilly,

Atos = Independent assessment services
pip-customerservice@atos.net

I've scoured .gov.uk and searched welfare advisory sites who all state contact the postal address at the top of your initial PIP letter to make a complaint.
However I found this on the Scope forum which might be of some help (I suggest you read it all before you write to any of the earlier mentioned email addresses).
https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41409/can-i-email-the-dwp-instead-of-phoning

From personal experience the PIP assessment providers in the first instance always offer you a location which is
  • unsuitable for you
  • too far away (not local)
IMO they do this to scare you into taking the next available assessment or they send your claim back to DWP as a failed to attend.

There are most likely closer assessment centres to your location but they won't tell you unless you ask.
https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/consultation-centres/

DWP have been taken to court for the very same reasons you are stating and they lost the case!
If you have sound reasons for requesting a home visit they should give you a home visit, this usually requires a letter from a GP.
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tillyboo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi.
The PIP atos address no longer accepts emails & the one on the community scope link bounces back. I did find a DWP address thats acknowledged receipt of email.
Will have to see what happens, I'm in bed as this is just making me more unwell. I'm hoping my new GP can help, other than that I'm at a loss of what to do.
Thanks anyway
Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Postby jeff3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:11 pm

hello tb aint much I can do nowadays but cut and paste if im lucky. but your local office dwp jcp should be your point of email and remember they can't flunk you off has emails are evidence https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
2.2%

Postby tillyboo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Have already emailed these today.
I'm now emailing my MP I'm so fed up with this crap, the way my husband was spoken to today it was like a police interigation he said, hes recovering from a stroke and got very flustered. I havent asked for this illness.
thanks
Rating: 20%

Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Postby Tobias » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:25 pm

It seems that they all guilty parties are so inundated with complaint e-mails that they are deliberately refusing to accept them, it's a total shambles and illegal to the hilt.
The whole PIP process should be scrapped and returned to DLA.

I've just gone through my assessment and am awaiting results so I know exactly how you feel Tilly it exacerbated some of my health conditions too.
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jeff3 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm

tb then tell him its not him but its the way they treat us all
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
2.2%

Postby tillyboo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Just to give all an update.
I got a letter through today, saying they can offer me a home visit, but dont know when.
I did email DWP PIP and MP last week saying how disgusting this ongoing saga is, 4 months ago I sent off my review.
I have since asked my GP for a home visit request, but got the home visit without it, as she hasnt done letter yet.
At this stage after all this time, is it worth asking my GP to ask PIP to do a paper based review?
My only changes are I'm now on blood pressure meds, I think its due to the worry of this DWP hanging over my head every day waiting for postman, the last 4 months have been hell and still no end in sight.
Do you think I should ask GP and also email MP to get them to help end this hell?
thanks to all that advised me earlier.
Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Postby jeff3 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:14 pm

we win more by being there paper ones can be used against has ones not there to battle against
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
2.2%

Postby Tobias » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Tilly, I'd just go with the home visit (asking for a paper review by a desk jockey at this stage is asking for failure IMHO)
Any additional support letters you can provide could be crucial to your claim review being successful.
GP, Heart Unit?, Psych (if you have one)

Fingers X'd that all goes well for you again :thumbup:
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tillyboo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Ok, thank you.
I just want this hell to end, 4 mths is just so ridiculous for a review.
My GP is new, I but is doing a supporting letter.
I just want this over, feeling so ill now, I just want this over.
Thank you all for advice, I will let you know outcome x
Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi tillyboo.

Sorry to hear of the ongoing stresses you are having to go through again. I hope all works out for you. I must say, that I was surprised when I had my assessment for PIP taken from all the paper work, so maybe it could work for you too. It is after all, a "Review" So maybe having it being made in this way would be easier for you, & the other half. But then having a home visit, would be much to your benefit. I sincerley hope it all goes well for you.
SmokeyBandit :thumbup:
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
10.2%

Postby tillyboo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Smokey Bandit.
My MP is involved now & as contacted them to request a paper based assessment, due to the length of time I've been waiting, also my GP did a supporting letter for a home assessment or a paper based. All I've had is a letter from assessment centre say I can have a home visit & will let me know when an appointment is available.
I'm literally dreading every day approaching & dread the postman coming. I've been feeling like this siince Sept 2018 & its making me ill with stress.
I just dont know whats going to happen & how much longer this hell will go on for. I seem to spend my life waiting on assessments for meduxal conditions that wont improve.
Thanks for you email
Tillyboo
Random avatar
tillyboo
Progress to next rank:
22%

Postby jeff3 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:25 pm

tb there far far to many waiting on the dwp ones got to keep going and you got your mp behind you with the doctor also so there alone is help but remember you aint in it alone has millions go through it
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
2.2%

Postby Tobias » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:05 pm

tillyboo wrote:Hi Smokey Bandit.
My MP is involved now & as contacted them to request a paper based assessment, due to the length of time I've been waiting, also my GP did a supporting letter for a home assessment or a paper based. All I've had is a letter from assessment centre say I can have a home visit & will let me know when an appointment is available.
I'm literally dreading every day approaching & dread the postman coming. I've been feeling like this siince Sept 2018 & its making me ill with stress.
I just dont know whats going to happen & how much longer this hell will go on for. I seem to spend my life waiting on assessments for meduxal conditions that wont improve.
Thanks for you email
Tillyboo

It's just as bad once you've been assessed Tilly, I'm in week 6 of waiting for a result of my PIP assessment and I'm 14 months overdue on ESA assessment.
You just have to put it to the back of your mind and get on with life, DWP are so deep in their own shite they're jammed with re-reviewing all cases for errors they made on payment and claim denials. All thanks to the Tory Ministers who want the country on it's knees .
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion