Referred to the Work Programme for 2 years:

Day to day discussion forum

Moderator: Founders

Forum rules
This Forum and Sub-forums are open to public view.

Please do not use offensive language (No Swearing).

For more info please see the rules page

Referred to the Work Programme for 2 years:

Postby SmokeyBandit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Today was my Work Focused Interview. What a load of bull. I was there for just under 15 minutes. After giving the so called Work Coach answers to the questions asked and a brake down of my ailments, as all they had on record was that I suffered with a bad back and sciatica. Nothing else, so I reminded him of each condition that I have. He said that I was to be referred to the Work Programme for 2 years. I laughed and said is this mandatory, yes he said. OH! OK. You do know that my illness has limitations to what I can and can not do. The Work Programme Providers will discuss this with you I was told. Will they be informed of my disabilitys I asked. No I was told, they will discuss this with you. He knew Jack Shite on what I was too expect from the WP. They will talk to me about making an action plan to get me back into work he said, and he had no idea what will come of this so called WP. All he said was that it was there "The WP" company. He didn't even know I was placed in the WRAG. 'Moron' I had to tell him the DWP changed their mind and placed me there.Just another puppet. I did say that there was no way that I could do this and said all your looking for now is to sanction me. No no he said. "Wait and see".

PS. Sent the Letter off to the HMCTS Today.
SmokeyBandit :thumbup:
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Re: Referred to the Work Programme for 2 years:

Postby stephenholmes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Good evening Sb
Sorry to hear that you are still being hounded
I hope you successfully have the decision overturned at appeal
Kind regards Stephen
stephenholmes
Progress to next rank:
41.7%

Postby jeff3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:02 am

Its changed alot since my last visits to that jcp but work bugger forgoten that word but whot ever they call themselves its farcical has you say they only appointment is to sanction you but you atleast now jow to fight back health and safety but hope you do win at tribunal jeff3
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
92.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:05 pm

The Battle continues, but now its a new enemy. Working Links say they will not pay for me to travel by taxi to the office I have been referred too.

Watch this space. :reallyangry:
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:09 pm

UpDate:

I threw the Equality Act at them. They have backed down and allowed me to travel by taxi and will be refunded the cost. :-)
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Update:

I have not long been sent an email from working links asking me if I would prefer them do it by phone, what do you think I said. :thumbup:
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby Tobias » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Looks like they read up on discrimination lmao
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jeff3 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:15 pm

SmokeyBandit wrote:Update:

I have not long been sent an email from working links asking me if I would prefer them do it by phone, what do you think I said. :thumbup:

well well well you must have costalot taxi to thank for that great news sb bloody great you nearly tripping into the sg
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
92.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm

well well well you must have costalot taxi to thank for that great news sb bloody great you nearly tripping into the sg[/quote]

Lol jeff3. The fare cost is between £8 & £12 each way. Cheep skates they are.

Most importantly. I will be recording the call.
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby jeff3 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:11 am

Of course sb record but im still chuffed for the good news they realy dont like paying out do they these povety firms
Rating: 20%

jeff3
Progress to next rank:
92.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Good afternoon folks,

Just to let you know where I am in the WP.

Well I had my first formal interview last week as you all know, or at least some of you would have. It went well in all fairness. I was given a full briefing on what they, "Working Links" are all about bull shite. Kind of like a history lesson. Then I gave them a brief history about myself. I told the person on the phone after being told that they are there to help me back into work, to which I replied there was no hope of this happening either now or in the distant future, and the only help I would need was to get a new body. Or something along the lines of that. I was asked if I could ever turn up to the office for a F2F meeting. So long as you pay the Taxi fare, I replied. He then changed the tune to say, well maybe we can continue the interviews by phone then. I said that would be fine with me. My next lesson will be four weeks from last. At least for now, they seem to be on my side.

Letter from HMCTs landed to inform me they have received my appeal letter.

I sometimes feel that I should be happy to have been placed in the WRAG, but in all honesty. This has been a long road for me to be traveling, and my heart says to keep going.
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby jeff3 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Just like you I was placed into the wrag just like you I ended up getting a telephone every six months but couldn't work out whot was I to do to get over that hurdle well my last two fights against these esa dla were running side by side but my dla fight lead to me not going to tribunal has in each case a phone call to say I had been put into the sg that the fight still continues for us all sb
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
92.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Good afternoon folks. Just an update concerning the WP.

My opening interview that was carried out last month ended with Working Links making another appointment by phone for yesterday. They failed to contact me at the time arranged. Now. If that were either you or I missing an appointment and failing to comply with the forced work program, then a sanction would be on the cards for sure. So to cover my ass, I wrote to Working links via Email to put it on record of the missed appointment that was made by them. Just a brief letter telling them that they had failed in keeping to the arranged call & that I am not here at their whim to call when they like. I also mentioned I would be writing to JC+ informing them of this missed appointment with W.L Saying that I am in no way responsible for this missed call and that W.L are held fully responsible if any reason could have been made to bring a sanction upon myself.

I have so far had no reply from W.L whatsoever. My phone is switched off for incoming calls and I expect them to make contact with me and not I making contact.
Lets see where this goes.

I am not amused one bit.
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby highlyflammable » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:11 pm

SB, Have you forwarded that email that you sent WL to the DWP ?
If not, probs best to - cover thy butt my friend
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
highlyflammable

Postby SmokeyBandit » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:17 pm

No I haven't Hf. I only made contact with the complaints department at the JC+ copying working links into that email for their eyes to see I had made a complaint. I had thought at the time that, that was all I needed to do at the time. I feel assured that was all I needed to do, I can however forward that mail to the DWP at any time over the weekend if the need should arise. I was going to go down the JC+ today, but I really don't feel up to it.
Rating: 20%

SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby Infinity » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:49 pm

JC+ is the DWP.
Infinity
Progress to next rank:
59.6%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Thank you Infinity for making that point out to my self, and others who could be in the same position as I am. Nice one. Cheers.
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm

UPDATE WORKING LINKS

In the last few day's I have been in correspondence with WORKING LINKS. I had not heard from them since February.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. They contacted me by letter making an appointment for me to attend. I had that changed to a phone call, but, they again failed to keep the appointment with me.

A re arranged call was made after I complained about their failure in keeping the appointment. Making a couple of excuses as to why they failed calling me BS

I had a chat with them yesterday and have agreed to frequent calls with them at a time of their choosing. Giving them the same old ritual of condemning the charade of this crap we have to go through slagging of Maximus & the ilk. I was told that they would be supporting me and all the crap they spiel out to everyone. I won't go on about what we spoke about as its quite tedious lol

I was sent an E-Mail outlining the help and support they offer. Another load of bull to follow up on.

Below is a list of what I am expected to talk about on my next chat with them.

1. Online Products which cover a variety of courses.
2. Referrals to External Provisions to help with Health Concerns.
3. Access to their Provisions Catalogue Support with CV writing.
4. Undertake a Better off Calculation.

I feel this is just wasting my time as what I have already done in my life is almost akin to being back in school again and treated like a 10 year old.

What I have learned from looking around on the first item is that the courses being on offer for free is the fact that I will gain a kind of diploma or certificate of some sort for a FEE.

Health Concerns. What am I expected to be doing here. I see no point in doing such.

CV. I've already written one when engaging with UJM Yet another pointless task.

Now the last one. Better off Calculation. What a joke. Sure I would love to be better off earning a decent wage like I did way back. No hope in that ever happening again.

Doing their job to earn their shilling I guess.

Oh what a drooling prospect of yet another phone call from WORKING LINKS. Something to look forward to I guess...Not!

:omy:
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

Postby Tobias » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:14 pm

I think the idea behind these courses is to bore you to tears so you get a job and if you aren't ffw then they'll torture you with the repetitive cv writing and applying for jobs you know you won't get.
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jeff3 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:09 pm

s What I have learned from looking around on the first item is that the courses being on offer for free is the fact that I will gain a kind of diploma or certificate of some sort for a FEE all these courses are not any good has the employer will tell you we dont consider these qualification ops like so many courses they offer are crap yet the mind boggles at whot they offer but has long has they phone one then that alone is a godsend keeping the beggers at arms length
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
92.8%

Next

Return to General Discussion