'When did you catch Down's syndrome?' 9 shocking errors..

28 Days in the News

Moderator: Founders

Forum rules
When adding items from the News media please link to the article rather than post the article here.

If you must post an article please add a link to the original item.

This Forum Auto Deletes Topics After 28 Days

'When did you catch Down's syndrome?' 9 shocking errors..

Postby Tobias » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 am

'When did you catch Down's syndrome?' 9 shocking errors made in assessments for PIP and ESA by Capita, Atos and Maximus

The Work and Pensions Select Committee received nearly 4,000 submissions - the most by a select committee inquiry - after calling for evidence on the assessments

A disabled woman was said to walk her dog daily in a medical assessment report, despite not owning one and being barely able to walk, according to evidence submitted to MPs.

The Work and Pensions Select Committee received nearly 4,000 submissions - the most by a select committee inquiry - after calling for evidence on the assessments for personal independence payment (PIP) and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

The MPs said: "We were so impressed and moved by the response we are today publishing a collection of just a few of the thousands of stories claimants shared with us."

The report highlighted people with Down’s syndrome asked when they “caught” it, a woman reporting frequent suicidal thoughts asked why she had not yet killed herself.

Stories from claimants - released by the committee ahead of the publication of their final report on PIP and ESA assessments next week - showed relevant information was often omitted from, and fundamental errors included in, the medical assessment reports.

In September the committee asked benefit claimants to submit evidence of their experiences with the medical assessments for disability benefits PIP and ESA carried out for DWP by private contractors Capita, Atos and Maximus.

Nearly 4,000 people replied - the most ever received by a select committee inquiry, by an order of magnitude.

The committee described the accounts as "honest and often distressing" and said that they showed clear patterns.

Since 2013 there have been 170,000 PIP appeals taken to the Tribunal: Claimants won in 108,000 cases - 63%. In the same time, there have been 53,000 ESA appeals. Claimants won in 32,000 - or 60% - of those cases.

“With assessors having such poor understanding of unpredictable conditions like MS, it’s little wonder thousands have had support reduced or removed. The Government must urgently take responsibility for improving the quality and accuracy of assessments, and we hope to see some bold recommendations from the Work and Pensions Select Committee on how to achieve this.”
Read The Full Article https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/you-catch-downs-syndrome-shocking-11999874

Re: 'When did you catch Down's syndrome?' 9 shocking errors.

Postby jeff3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:45 pm

yesterday
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
0.5%

Postby Tobias » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:58 pm

The one where an amputee was asked "will it grow back" didn't make the list :no:
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jeff3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:46 pm

BUGGER THESE VERY HIGHLY TRAINED HCP ARE getting powers beyond supernatural to make people whole again next thing we have their bible were a nose is given a job
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
0.5%

Postby jeff3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 am

or dementia when did you catch it hmmm I'm waiting yep hcp are very highly trained by these companies atos maximus crapita remember the fallen angel now residing at maximus.
sueueys fallen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeff3
Progress to next rank:
0.5%

Postby SmokeyBandit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 pm

How about the assessor who states I have problems using the latrine when infact I do not. The assessor states that "in view to reported symptoms and conditions evidenced within FE & symptoms, it is likely that he would need an aid to manage his toilet needs".

Marking descriptors that do not fall in with my choices.

Am I right in thinking that HCP's can not mark descriptors that do not get reported by the claimant. Marking points lower than what the claim pack askes of the claimant. And making the assumption of what they consider fact. Nothing changes... Only the bloody weather it seem's.
SmokeyBandit :thumbup:
SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
8.4%

Postby Tobias » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm

They did that with me, deliberately using descriptors that didn't apply to me so they could score me 0 points on them and then skipping the descriptors that did apply to me where I would have scored high points. Scum bag liars the lot of em..
Tobias
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SmokeyBandit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Tobias wrote:They did that with me, deliberately using descriptors that didn't apply to me so they could score me 0 points on them and then skipping the descriptors that did apply to me where I would have scored high points. Scum bag liars the lot of em..

That is my look on it T. Scoring point's on which desriptors I chose, and the HCP's chosen award differ quite significantly to the claimants. (Me) The true FACT's on reporting the desriptors that suit my conditions and difficulties I had factually made.

I'm still attempting to write my MR out, but struggling to get it done. Will start a new thread soon.
SmokeyBandit :thumbup:
Rating: 20%

SmokeyBandit
Progress to next rank:
8.4%

Return to In The News